Thursday, August 30, 2007

OSX86 using SATA

Finally upgraded my OSX86 to run in SATA. Previous my OSX 10.4.8 was running using IDE and since the drive start giving me error I decided to upgrade it to SATA. Below just a summary of steps I used;

  1. Intall the AppleNForceATA.kext (SATA driver for nForce chipset)
  2. Delete all the partition in the destination drive then use Disk Utilities to create a blank partition. Do not user the First Aid option cause this will not create a bootable partition for you. I learn this the hard way.
  3. Use SuperDuper to clone the HDD

The hardware I used for my OSX86 are below;

  • MoBo Abit AN8 Ultra (nForce 4 Ultra Chipset)
  • CPU AMD Athlon X2 3800+
  • 2GB RAM
  • 80GB SATA II
  • USB Mouse & Keyboard (yet to figure out how to use PS/2 Keyboard)
  • Dell 17" Ultra Sharp LCD

No comments: